Regardless of which practitioner you see, your initial visit will be similar. Lets use chiropractic as an example.
Going to the chiropractor for the first time will make some people nervous! Of course, there is no need to be. Your first visit to the chiropractor will be informative, relaxing and comfortable. Your initial visit will go like this…
- Walk up to front reception and introduce yourself to our friendly staff (most people have booked an appointment in advance – recommended)
- Our staff will put you at ease and start you on the paperwork
- You will then be taken to the new patient room
- The chiropractor will enter and conduct a thorough history and chiropractic examination based on you health concerns
- The chiropractor will answer any other questions you may have
- If deemed appropriate, your care may start immediately
- Your report of findings will be scheduled and you will be sent for X-Rays if deemed necessary (see report of finding below)
- Your first visit usually takes 30 – 40 minutes
How to dress
Your normal attire is perfectly fine.
What to bring
On your first visit to the office please bring your extended health information if you are covered under a plan. You are welcome to bring a friend or family member and be sure to bring a list of questions and concerns as well as a list of any medications you may be taking. If you have had X-ray/MRI/CT examinations recently and have access to the reports, please bring a copy.
Your second visit: The Report of Findings
Your second visit will start with a comprehensive report of findings during which your chiropractor will explain the findings and recommendations from your first visit including your X-Ray results if applicable. In many cases, this will be you first chirpractic treatment. Called an adjustment, it will take place once the procedure has been thoroughly explained. Our front staff will then sit down with you and work out a schedule of recommended visits.