We currently do not have a physiotherapist on staff. Please call to inquire if we can help you with your health needs.
Physiotherapists work with clients of all ages and with a wide range of health conditions. Whether it’s pain management and rehabilitation from an acute injury like a sprained ankle, or management of chronic conditions such as diabetes or heart disease, a physiotherapist can help. But physiotherapy is not limited to rehabilitation of injury and the effects of disease or disability. A physiotherapist also provides education and advice for health promotion, disease and injury prevention.
How physiotherapists assess:
A physiotherapist will assess you using detailed history-taking as well as specific physical tests and measures, such as flexibility or range of motion. He or she will then analyze the assessment findings and use clinical reasoning to establish a diagnosis. Together, you will explore your current abilities and functional needs so the physiotherapist can plan treatments that are consistent with your goals and general health status, and which incorporate approaches and techniques supported by the best evidence available.
How physiotherapists treat
Physiotherapy treatments at this clinic can include the following:
- Personalized exercise programs designed to improve your strength, range of motion, and function
- Joint mobilization and manipulation to reduce pain and stiffness
- Hot and cold packs and modalities to relieve pain, reduce swelling, speed up the healing process, improve movement and function
- Functional activity and tolerance testing and training
- Work and occupational re-training and return to work planning
- Environmental change, focusing on removing barriers to function
Payment and referral
For many Canadians, health insurance providers cover all cost or a portion of the cost of physiotherapist care. Some extended health insurance plans may require a physician’s referral in order to reimburse you for physiotherapist service, but it’s not always necessary. Call your health insurance provider to confirm your level of coverage beforehand and to determine whether or not you require a physician referral for reimbursement.
Source the Canadian Physiotherapy Association Website 2012