Going to the chiropractor for the first time will make some people nervous! Of course, there is no need to be.
Your first visit to the chiropractor will be informative, relaxing and comfortable. Your initial visit will go like this…
- Walk up to front reception and introduce yourself to our friendly staff
(we recommend that you book an appointment in advance)
- Our staff will put you at ease and start you on the paperwork
- You will then be taken to an examination room
- The chiropractor will enter the room and conduct a thorough history and chiropractic examination based on you health concerns
- The chiropractor will then answer any other questions you may have and then ask that you return to reception to book a follow-up appointment
- At this point you may be sent for X-Rays if deemed necessary
(see report of finding below)
- Your first visit usually takes 30 – 40 minutes
How to dress
On your first visit you may be asked to change into a gown in order for the doctor to conduct a thorough spinal examination.
However, in most cases loose fitting clothing will suffice.
For all subsequent visits your normal attire is perfectly fine.
What to bring
On your first visit to the office we may require your health card to access previous x-ray, MRI or CAT scan reports.
You are welcome to bring a friend or family member and be sure to bring a list of questions and concerns as well.
A list of any medications you may be taking and a copy of X-ray/MRI/CT reports that you may have is helpful.